Sunday 15 October 2023
Schedule it into your personal strategy weekly and watch your career and your life reach more balance and overall confidence in yourself.
Life long learners are cool... 😎.
Today, I registered for...
🌍 a Climate change class online at Royal Roads,
🌍registered for the BC Assembly of First Nations Economic Forum in Oct (virtually this year, I was honored to be there in person last year),
🌍and the Vancouver Coast & Mountains Economic Forum in Nov. Stretching my understanding and learning where I can be of most service in my career moving forward is a gift. I will lean into every part of it!
Tuesday 11 January 2022
behind our cameras,
with the perfect angles/filters/lighting
behind our "stories",
behind our social,
behind our jobs,
with busy work
with our favorite addictions,
Will required a reassimilation of
by strategically scheduling adventures
by playing & laughing
by relearning to be social
by spending time with loved ones
by "actually" taking care of body and mind.
I'm looking forward to showing up real and unapologetically awkward ... I'll probably continue my innate habit of being an oversharerer as well. 🤣
Cheers to our reassimilation into the real world friends. 🥰 I'm so looking forward to seeing each and every one of you for a real coffee visit! ☕
Wednesday 1 September 2021
Me neither. So grab the moments when you can. 💙🤎💙
To be able to spend nearly 18 years with this kid has been a such gift. To be able to watch her take the first small steps into adulthood has been heart wrenching and awe-inspiring.
Knowing that the decision that I made 15 years ago to start my business has allowed the flexibility and freedom to be present (annoyingly present on occasion apparently 🤪) creates a sense of profound peace at this stage that I wish for every single parent out there. We don't start this business for ourselves... We start our businesses for this exact peace of mind in the future.
Road trip with Boo was sooo much fun. I'm a grateful momma for friends that are family and love our kids as much as we do. She had so much fun helping with wedding prep, kittens, cupcake assistance, shopping, baking, watching movies, hanging out, board games, teasing and getting teased. We made it back just in time for the annual grad party (which I heard was a great time 🤪).
Letting go and holding on... Simultaneously. 💖
Wednesday 3 March 2021
There used to be EXTENSIVE posts here in this little corner of the interweb... however, with rebranding and new info... sometimes the old needs to be removed so the new can flourish. I will be updating this space with new articles, sharing my new adventures... You will see my new blonde model sharing the stage with my in many posts to come. :-)
Meet Churro! My adventuring partner! I'm so excited to see what adventures unfold with us in the coming years. He's a 13 year old, Palomino Kentucky Saddle Horse. I love him!!!
Curious if I can help you out of a rut? Book a a FREE virtual 30 Minute Strategy... Chat soon!
Thursday 30 April 2020
Let's say you would love to start a business but you don't think you can. Here's what many people have on their list:
I can't because:
- I don't know what to do
- I don't know where to start
- I need to make $ right now
- I have people depending on me for an income
- I'm scared what people will say
- I'm nervous that I'll fail
- I don't want to annoy my friends
Now flip it... and with that flip, you'll see how.
-I don't know what do
-I don't know where to start
-I need to make money right now
(THEN GET BUSY)
-I have people depending on me for an income
(THEN GET REALLY GOOD)
-I'm scared what people will say
(THEN GROW PAST THAT)
-I'm nervous that I'll fail
(YOU WILL, FAIL FORWARD)
-I don't want to annoy my friends
(LEARN TO FIND WHO YOU CAN HELP, Meet new people. When you're excited for YOU, those around you will be as well. If they're not... that's OK, they can stalk you on your journey through your social feed. ;-)
Find a business & a coach that understands what's possible for you & your family.
Being an Entrepreneur is hard, being an employee is hard, being a mom is hard, being a human is hard; but ONLY YOU get to pick which "hards" you want to put up with.
I believe in YOU!
Friday 28 June 2019
- What if we can't pay our mortgage?
- What if my husband gets sick?
- What if I die, what will happen to the kids future, will they remember me?
- What if I get so tired from not sleeping, I forget a child in the car, or have a car accident?
- What if my depression never ends, and this sadness I carry that no one sees is forever?
- What if I never get to feel free again?
- What if I get pregnant with a 3rd, will we be able to afford it?
- What if I never see a white sand beach again, and all I ever see is the armpit of this awful mountain?
- What if the car breaks down?
- What if I never have time to see my friends, and lose touch with them?
- What if my parents get sick and I need to take care of one or ALL of them?
- What if I am never respected again in any career I choose to do?
- What if I never feel valued again?
- What if I go back to work, will my kids know me?
- What if ... this is it? :-(
- We built our dream home and don't stress about the mortgage.
- We have life insurance and a family plan.
- We've managed to keep the kids healthy and mostly happy to 15 and 17... and counting.
- Found ways to manage my depression with meditation, a self-care plan, my tribe and consistent personal growth.
- I plan multi-week summer freedom road trips to soul singing places with the kids.
- Two kids were perfect for us, plans were put in place to keep at 2!
- Travel is something we schedule in as a couple, as a family, plus I am gifted with lots of travel adventures thru my business..
- Friendships are always a high priority, coffee dates, travel adventures, any excuse for a visit!
- I've been able to spend so much time with all my parents, I'm grateful for daily morning coffee's.
- I am so respected in my career and am surrounded by the very best mentors and a dream team.
- I feel very valued in my community and am able to extensively volunteer at the kid's schools.
- I'm totally unemployable at this time... my kids not only know me as a mom, but as an entrepreneurial leader who creates a life for herself, and for her family by working smart.
- I know this... more than anything else... I've got more to grow thru and I'm JUST GETTING STARTED! :-)
Saturday 6 April 2019
Home office is set up, coffee in hand... now where are the clients going to come from?!?
One of the things that always surprises me is when people jump into an E-commerce, online, Social Marketing business they almost always do so because they are wanting a massive change in their work/life balance. However, they often bring along old limiting thoughts and habits that weren't working for them in the first place. It's not unusual for those individuals to expect people to flock to them on their platform/website of choice. This expectation immediately limits their reach, and stalls growth. Often, even worse, they try to use the same reach-out methods on all the different platforms and often alienate themselves from making those engaging connections that could really make a difference for both them and their possible clients.
I am grateful to have a diverse team of leaders in all age brackets in my organization. I've learned that limiting thoughts on engagement and making connections (talking to strangers) can afflict us all. No one age group is better/worse at it... just different. Millennial's prefer Instagram, Snapchat and of course my Gen X crew is all about the Facebook and LinkedIn (so far, but Instagram is sneaking up list as well), and Baby Boomers are more comfortable on the phone and Facebook. It doesn't matter where you start as long as you commit to stretching yourself out of your comfort zone, and opening up and sharing is the one common denominator in today's world. A closed, locked down profile also sees no engagement.
Momentum in todays online world lies in ones ability to foster CROSS-GENERATIONAL ENGAGEMENT skills. The ability to identify how a particular individual feels most at home communication wise, and meeting them in that place. Learning the tools of the trade in todays E-Commerce market is all about understanding the "dance" of each platform and making those authentic connections.
Engagement can look like many different things... it can be as simple as reaching out to spark a conversation in the lineup at the grocery store, thanking a new follower on Instagram, mailing a sample to a prospect in another city who requested one thru a Facebook Story Poll, meeting strangers for coffee when you get a referral, driving outside of your town for a networking event or attending a Wellness retreat. I have done and do all of these things, but you know what i don't do... i don't not try new things. You never know how that next connection could be the missing piece in a project, team or your next dynamic leader.
I do not have all the answers. I do know that every day in every way I work to get better at making authentic connections with dynamic people. Then I do all I can to help them grow their network, career or business. We all benefit when we lift each other up.